What is a serial killer?
– Someone who killed a minimum of 3~4 victims with a “cooling off” period in between.
– The victims are usually strangers, and the murders appear unconnected or random.
– The serial murders reflect a need to sadistically dominate the victim. And they are rarely “for profit” because the motive is psychological, not material.
– The method of killing may reveal a “symbolic” value the victim has for the killer.
– Serial killers often choose vulnerable victims (e.g. prostitutes).